|| ANNOUNCEMENT || Cat Lady Game - Rose City Games


Developed By : Rose City Games                                      Published By : VIZ Media

Back in March I got to attend PAX East in Boston, MA, where I made a lot of awesome connections with some great people and studios. One of those was Rose City Games, and I was lucky enough to get to play and review their debut developed game, The World Next Door. It was a fun game that combined match-three type puzzles with a unique style of combat that I got instantly hooked on. As soon as I finished that game, I wanted more. Not only from the game specifically, but I wanted to see what Rose City would do next. Now, not even six months later, comes the unveiling of their next project that they've been teasing recently : Cat Lady.

Cat Lady will have players taking the role of Ally Marie as she shows up to her Grandmother's mansion which is filled with cats. As she steps inside, she finds that Grandma is missing, all the belongings in the mansion are becoming monsters, and the cats are all sentient, all thanks to an ancient evil that has been awoken. It'll be up to you to team up with the cats and use them to fight off evil while you try and rescue Grandma and restore peace to her mansion.

Here's the trailer : 


I'm not going to lie, I'm already hooked on this game. Combining elements of roguelike gameplay with twin-stick shooting controls, and even a bit of bullet hell from the looks of some of the enemy fights...this looks like it will be so much fun. My first thoughts on seeing it was that it was a cat-themed Binding of Isaac, and the only thing that did was get me more excited.

I absolutely love the colors of this game and the art style, and I can't wait to see how everything is implemented in the final product. Lately, the team has been sharing on their Cat Lady Twitter page, background about all the team members and their love for cats. It's just proof that this game is coming from the best hands. 
The mansion appears to promise plenty of locations within to explore, and if the giant teddy bear boss is any indication, there's going to be some really cool creations to square off against. However, as of now, all the details are being left up to speculation. Today we get a lot : the official announcement, a trailer and some screenshots. As we travel down the road towards Cat Lady's release date (which as of now is unannounced) we'll have to enjoy the little tidbits that Rose City Games decides to feed to us. No matter what, this game looks like it will be a lot of fun and I look forward to being able to stream and review it for you when the time comes. For now, enjoy everything you see in this article, and join me in impatiently waiting for this gem to drop. 

Popular Posts