Mantis Burn Racing (Nintendo Switch)

When I was growing up, the first genre of gaming I really got into was racing games. I liked cars, loved going to races at my local track, so any games where I could do this myself I got hooked on. But, from when I started playing them, racing games were making a transition from top-down style to actually being behind and inside of the car you were virtually driving. So I got to experience both worlds.

The biggest threat to my quarters at the arcade was Ironman Ivan Stewart's Super Off Road. It was a big, beautiful cabinet with three steering wheels attached to the front, and I loved it. It's because of this game that I held on to my love for top-down racing games, and continue to play them to this day.

So, when I first heard of Mantis Burn Racing, I was already intrigued right off the bat. Reading in their press release that the game would feature realistic-styled handling got me excited for this game. And now that I've had my hands on it, I do have to say that this game is incredible. Featuring a season-styled career that spans nine seasons, and an insane amount of upgrades, MBR is easily a must-own racing title.


The graphics in this game are stunning, with lively looking tracks that span a number of different locations, and even more layouts. You'll be thrown into straight up racing events, sprints, time-trials, knockout races and even battle. All along the way you need to collect gears to gain experience points, because leveling up will grant you special upgrades you can apply to your vehicles to become even more unstoppable. Each event typically comes with six gears to earn, three from winning the event, and the extras earned only be completing specific tasks such as drifting/jumping a required distance, setting a fast lap time, or any number of things.

If you are any sort of racing game fan, Mantis Burn Racing is one you absolutely need to add to your collection. It is the perfect combination of top-down and traditional styled racing games.

Rating : 8/10
Developed and Published by : Voofoo Studios
Also Available On : PC, Xbox One, PS4

Popular Posts