New Format

This is just a quick spot of info for everyone who follows the blog so far. As of now I've been doing reviews either weekly or bi-weekly and it's been a lot of fun. But, for those who don't know, I'm about two months away from having my first child in this world. It's something I've wanted for a long time and I am beyond excited for meeting my son. So I've been trying to think of a format for this blog that will be easy to balance with taking care of a family, and this is what I have come to.

- On alternating Saturdays I will post my main reviews. These will be dedicated to the larger style games, so anything on PS2, PS3, PS4, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, GameCube, Wii, and Wii U.

- Outside of these main reviews I will do a higher number of smaller reviews (similar to how I did the quick review a few weeks ago). I will do these ones as often as I can so there may be a week where I can manage to do one per day, and there may be times where I will only be able to get one done in the week. These reviews will be dedicated to the smaller games on NES, SNES, N64, Sega Genesis, and N64.

- The above formula for which games will be in which reviews isn't 100% set in stone, it's more like 95%. There may be newer games that only require a short review (music games, sports games, things like that) just like there may be older games that require more in-depth reviews.

- They will be infrequent, but I will try at least once or twice a month to post one of my Honest Opinion discussions. I had fun with the Resident Evil one and it was the most popular post on the blog when I did it. Currently I'm working on one right now for the Pokemon Go app, chronicling my first week with it and my thoughts on it all.

This format is essentially going to be beginning now. I have the Until Dawn Part Two review coming next weekend and I'll be getting in as many of the smaller reviews as I can in the next week and a half.

Also, a little preview of what's to come on the blog in the next few months :

- My son's name is going to be Leon Isaac, so the two full reviews for the month of August are going to be the ones featuring his name. I will be reviewing Resident Evil 4 first, and then I will hold a vote for which Dead Space game to review featuring Isaac Clarke. And yes, that is where is name came from :)

- The month of September will be Sequel September. Some of the reviews I do are going to be later installments of games I have already done up to this point. So there will be a review for a different Spyro game, another game in the Top Gun series, things like that.

So again, thank you to everyone who's been following this blog and I hope you'll continue to follow, and anyone new who peeks in, welcome!

HG

Popular Posts